There are three things you need to create a WordPress blog:
1.Create a domain name (this will be the name of your blog ex: digitaltarang.com).
2.A web hosting account(this is where your website live on the internet).
3.Your undivided attention for 30 minutes.
Step by Step method for your website creation
- How to Register a Domain Name .
- How to Choose the Best Web Hosting.
- How to Install and Setup WordPress Blog.
- How to Change Your Blog Design Template.
- How to Write Your First Blog Post.
- How to Customize WordPress Blog with Plugins.
- How to Add a Contact Form.
- How to Setup Google Analytics Tracking.
- How to Optimize Your Website for SEO.
Step 1 : Setup Of Domain & Hosting
Domain name is what people type to get to your website. It’s your website’s address on the internet. ex: google.com or digitaltarang.com
A domain name typically costs around $14.99 / year, and web hosting normally costs $7.99 / month.
I am going with an example Bluehost, an official WordPress recommended hosting provider. Free Domain name for 1st year. Free SSL Certificate included ,1-Click WordPress Installation and 24*7 Support.
Let’s go ahead and purchase your domain + hosting.
Now Open up Bluehost in a window follow along with me.
First thing you need to do is click on the green Get Started Now button to get started.
On the next screen, select the plan that you need (basic and plus are the most popular).
After that, you will be asked to enter the domain name for your website.
Lastly, you will need to add your account information and finalize the package info to complete the process.
Once completed, you will receive an email with details on how to login to your web hosting control panel (cPanel).
This is where you manage everything from support, emails, among other things. But most importantly, this is where you install WordPress.
Step 2 : Installing WordPress
1.Log in to your Bluehost account.
2.Click on “my Sites” and then on “Create Site”.
3.Provide some basic information about your site ,and the wordpress installation will start.It will all happen on autopilot.
4.When the setup is done ,bluehost will show you the installation and login details.
5.Be sure to save this information somewhere safe.
Test your website by typing in your domain address
With WordPress installed ,now do some test .Just go and type your domain name into the web browser. The thing you’ll see is a very basic website like this:
Step 3 : Selecting Your WordPress Theme
The visual appearance of your WordPress blog is controlled by themes.
- This is not very appealing to most people.
- You can change your theme by going to your WordPress dashboard and clicking on Appearance » Themes.
- Go ahead and click on the Add New button .you can find n numbers of themes.
- You can take your mouse over to a theme, and you will see a Preview button.
- Clicking on it will open the theme preview where you can see how the design would look on your website.
- After the proper selection of theme according to your niche style you want, simply bring your mouse on it, and it will show the Install button.
- Click on it and wait for the theme to be installed.
- After that, the install button will be replaced with an Activate button. You need to click on it to Activate the theme.
- Once you have installed your theme, you can customize it by clicking on the Customize link under the Appearance menu.
Step 4 : Creating Your First Blog Post
To write a blog post, click on the Posts » Add New menu in your WordPress dashboard.
- You will see an editor area where you can write your first blog post
WordPress uses a block-based editor where each element is a block. This allows you to create beautiful content layouts for your blog posts.
- Once you’re done writing, go ahead and click on the Publish button on the top-right corner of the screen to make your blog post publicly available.
- On the posts screen, you will notice several other sections such as Categories and Tags. You can use these to organize your blog posts into sections.
Step 5 : plugins & Customization
- Once you have written your first sample blog post, you probably want to get started with adding other usual elements on your website such as contact forms, galleries, sliders, newsletter subscription form, etc.
- To add all these additional features, you need to use plugins.
- WordPress plugins are apps that allow you to add new features to your website (without writing any code).
How to create contact form in WordPress
- Every website needs a contact form. It allows your users to email you directly. Since WordPress doesn’t come with a built-in contact form, you will need a WordPress form builder plugin to add a contact form on your site.
- We recommend using the WPForms Lite plugin. It is a free version of the popular WPForms plugin.
- You can install the plugin by going to Plugins » Add New page and typing WPForms in the search box. Next, you need to click “Install” and then “Activate”. Upon activation, you need to head over to WPForms » Add New page to create your first form.
- This will open the WPForms builder interface.
- First, you need to enter a name for your contact form and then click on ‘Simple Contact Form’ template.
- WPForms will now create a simple contact form for you with all the required fields. You can click on any field to change it, or add a new field from the left column.Once you are done editing the form, click on the save button at the top right corner and then exit the form builder.
- You can now create a new page in WordPress by going to Pages » Add New and call it ‘Contact’. On the edit screen, you need to enter the WPForms block into the editor.
- After that, select the form you created earlier from the drop down menu and WPForms will load a live preview of the form in the editor.
- You can now save and publish the page and visit it in your browser to see your contact form in action.
Other WordPress Plugins that you can install
Here are some :
- Backup – UpdraftPlus is the best WordPress backup plugin. You need to create regular backups of your website in case something ever goes wrong.
- Security – Sucuri Security is a free security scanner for WordPress.
- Performance – We recommend using either WP Rocket (premium) or WP Super Cache (free) to speed up WordPress.
- Design & Customization – We recommend using either SeedProd or Divi page. builder for customizing your homepage design, creating custom landing pages, or even creating custom themes (without writing any code).
- Traffic & Subscribers – We strongly recommend using push notifications by PushEngage. This lets you connect with visitors after they leave your website. It’s our top 5 traffic source on WPBeginner.
Step 6 :How to Setup Google Analytics Tracking
- Google Analytics helps you see how many people are visiting your blog, where they are coming from, and what are they doing on your website?
- It is best to install Google Analytics when starting your blog, so you can see how much your blog has grown over time.First, you need to visit Google Analytics website and sign in using your Gmail account.
- Once you are logged in, you can go ahead and sign up for a free Google Analytics account.You will be asked to provide your information and website URL.After that, you will be presented with your Google Analytics tracking code.
Step 7: How to Optimize your WordPress blog for SEO
- Most beginners don’t optimize for SEO when creating a blog.
- SEO or search engine optimization helps users find your blog in search engines.
- If you want more traffic, then it’s crucial that you optimize your blog for SEO from the beginning.
- To get started, first you need to install and activate the All in one SEO plugin. It is the complete WordPress SEO plugin that will help you optimize your blog.
The plugin comes with a quick configuration wizard to help you walk through the set up. It will help you setup a WordPress sitemap, write proper keywords and meta description ,add schema markup, and a whole lot more.
So here we have learn how to create a website in a easy way .
- By purchasing your domain and hosting from any platforms where you get benefit.
- Install your WordPress and work on your website development.
- Add plugins to get your work done easier in website.
- Connect Google Analytics with your website to know how many visitors are coming and visiting your blog, where they are coming from ,and what are they doing on your website.
- At last ,how to optimize your website with SEO ,which help user to find your blog in google easily.